If you are in the UK, you may have heard of the Tall Persons’ Club. Every year they host an Annual Event and this year’s get together will take place over the August Bank Holiday, from August 25 – 28th at the Mercure London Watford Hotel. Here’s what they have planned:
There will be a hot buffet on the Friday night for those of you who can make it, accompanied by the 2nd edition of the Universally Challenged quiz. With a few changes and forfeits for anyone caught using mobile phones!
Saturday Day Trip
Coach trip into Oxford for the full day
There will be a coach trip to a local restaurant in the evening (meal payable by members) with a return journey included and for those of you who want to stay out longer, the taxi costs are reasonable as the hotel is about ten minutes drive away from the hotel.
The Sunday night is of course the Annual Gala Ball which’ll take place in the hotel, with a four course dinner followed by a disco to dance the night away!
Dress code is Black Tie for the men and evening dresses for the ladies (please do not worry if you do not have Black tie outfit – it isn’t compulsory but a smart suit or shirt tie will do). They may also be some surprises during the evening…
Gala evening menu
(please note the number of your choice on the booking form)
1. Slow roasted tomato soup, Basil pesto cream (v)
2. Prawn and crayfish cocktail, bloody Mary sauce, rustic bread.
3. Pimm’s marinated melon, raspberry sorbet.
4. Prosciutto-wrapped chicken breast, mushroom and tarragon sauce
5. Seared salmon, crispy leeks, champagne sauce.
6. Beetroot and blue cheese risotto, candied walnuts,thyme (v)
7. Rhubarb and Custard
8. Eton Mess
9. Individual apple, pear and walnut crumble, vanilla custard
Variety of teas and coffee.
To book your place at the Tall Persons’ Club Annual Event: